Friday, January 20, 2012

Meet Halfhorse

Halfhorse has been a part of J5B since season 10 and turned a losing team into a two-time Wild Card team.

Name: Mike

Age: Just turned 50. Yeah, that's hard to type and even harder to say (Editor's note-man, you're old!!!:-).

Marital status: Single

Kids: None- but have three cool nephews and three sweet nieces.

Occupation: Sports writer- won 16 career writing awards (including three national ones) while covering an NFL team and college sports for a Southern Californian newspaper. Currently write MLB, NBA, college football and college hoops reviews and recaps for one company, handle a college basketball conference weekly report for another company that runs on the major sports Web sites, cover the home games of a Division I college basketball program for the nation's leading wire service, do freelance sports coverage work for a local newspaper and use any available free time to chime in on sports on my own personal sports blog (Editor's note- wow, very impressive).

Do you know any J5B owners: Nope, not a single one.

Favorite HBD moment: Hopefully coming with my first playoff series win. In only my fourth season of doing this and currently making second postseason appearance.

Favorite J5B player: Can't say I have one yet. When one of my draft choices makes it big, perhaps then.

Favorite sports teams: When I was a kid, I adored the Padres and Chargers. Journalistic objectivity/ethics and the rude way athletes, coaches, general managers and owners treat you quickly prevent you from ever again having a favorite (Editor's note-I'm saddened by that).

Favorite Band: John Waite, former lead singer of The Babys and Bad English in addition to being a longtime solo act. Dynamic live performer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment